mylife Penfine Classic
Discover your pen needle
Short pen needles – Reliable subcutaneous injection
To achieve a good insulin dose effect it is essential to inject the insulin into the subcutaneous fatty tissue (subcutaneous injection) and not into the underlying muscle. Injecting insulin into the muscle can lead to unexplained fluctuations in blood glucose values as well as to severe hypoglycaemia.
- A trend towards shorter pen needles is apparent.
- 4 mm and 5 mm pen needle simplify the injection technique. Injections can often be given at a 90 degree angle without creating a skin fold (children, adolescents and slim adults should form skin folds).1
Short pen needles reduce the risk of inadvertent injections into the muscle which can lead to severe hypoglycaemia.
Short pen needles permit safe
subcutaneous injection without forming
a skinfold.1 Follow the recommendations
of your diabetes counsellor.
Long pen needles increase the risk of
injecting into the muscle.
Skin (epidermis and dermis)
Subcutaneous fatty tissue (subcutis)
Extra Thin Wall Cannula (ETW) - For optimised drug flow
Larger inner diameter at unchanged outer diameter.2
- Improved medication through greater flow rate3
- Due to the larger inner diameter of the cannula, less force is required when pushing the injection button3
Supports the simple delivery of higher concentrated insulins from 200 Units/ml
Premium quality features
Advanced quality medical cannula: the 4 mm and 6 mm pen needles have a super-fine 32G cannula. High precision 3-bevel and premium polished pen needle tip.
Measurable quality and smooth injection: mylife Penfine Classic’s penetration and gliding forces show optimal characteristics.
Special silicone surface treatment enables constant gliding characteristics and smooth penetration.
The full stop feature ensures a perfect fit, a quick and safe attachment and is simple and convenient to use. Medical grade high end plastic material.
External protective cap with good grip. Free tear-off tab allows the sealing peel-foil to be removed quickly and easily.
1 VDBD guideline for injections in diabetes mellitus. Health Care Professionals. 2. revised edition. November 2016.
2 Cannula Tube made of stainless steel for the manufacture of medical devices — ISO 9626:2016.
3 Aronson R. et al.: Effects of Extra-Thin Wall Needle technology on Preference, Confidence, and other Patient Ratings, Clinical Therapeutics, 35(7):923-933, 2013.
Structure of a pen needle
- External protective cap with good grip
- Free tear-off tab allows the sealing film to be removed quickly
- Easy-to-remove inner protective cap
- Needle hub with viewing windows for additional optical control